His family confirmed that one of the four workers who inhaled carbon dioxide during an accident at Los Angeles International Airport had died.
Cris Abraham, 36 of Lomita, died Nov. 11 in a hospital where was had been in a medically induced sleep coma. Tamara Plouffe, his sister-in law, posted the news on a GoFundMe page.
She wrote, “The whole family has been devastated”
DALLAS DOCTOR DUBBED MEDICAL TERRORIST’ AFTER TAKING WITH IV BAGS
Authorities said that the CO2 was released in a utility room located near Terminal 8’s baggage area on October 31.
Abraham, a pipefitter was one of four contractors who worked in the utility room. Authorities said that he was fixing a leaky tube when the fire suppression system failed and started to spew carbon dioxide.
Fire Capt. Erik Scott stated that at the time.
Two men and one woman were able to quickly get out of the room, and were both treated on the spot for minor complaints.
TEXAS DOCTOR REPORTEDLY POISONED IV BAG WITH HEART-STOPPING DRUGS HELD WITHOUT BAN HTML3_
Abraham had multiple seizures and was admitted to the hospital. His family informed KTLA-TV that he was in a medical coma.
He leaves behind his wife and two children.